Basketball fans around the world love watching NBA games featuring the best players and teams in the world. With many options available to watch NBA action, it can get confusing on the best way to tune in. This comprehensive guide provides tips and recommendations on how to watch NBA games through various mediums, ensuring you never miss that clutch three-pointer or monster dunk.
Live Streaming NBA Games
Watch on TV
The easiest way to watch live NBA games is still through your television provider. ABC, ESPN, TNT, and NBA TV air many national games throughout the regular season and playoffs. Make sure your cable or satellite package includes these channels to catch all the action.
ABC typically broadcasts games on Saturdays and Sundays, including the NBA Finals. TNT airs weekly doubleheaders on Thursdays. ESPN shows games multiple nights per week. NBA TV features up to 100 live games. Review channel listings for exact game schedules.
For local team coverage, regional sports networks (RSNs) carry most games in your team’s media market. Networks like YES (New York), Spectrum SportsNet (Los Angeles), and NBC Sports Chicago provide comprehensive coverage of hometown teams.
Don’t have cable? No problem. Many streaming services offer the major national and local channels to watch NBA games live online:
- NBA League Pass – The NBA’s premium package lets you stream live out-of-market games for your favorite team. Options include a full season pass or single team pass. Blackout rules apply.
- YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, AT&T TV – These internet TV services provide ESPN, TNT, ABC, and regional sports channels to stream games live. Some restrictions apply based on your location.
- fuboTV – This sports-focused streaming service offers national channels like ESPN and NBA TV plus regional networks to watch local NBA action.
- Team Websites and Apps – Official team websites and mobile apps air live games in-market and offer radio broadcasts. Authenticate through your TV provider for access.
Review each service’s channel lineup, pricing, and streaming features when deciding the best option to watch online NBA games without cable.
Follow on Mobile and Social
Don’t be tethered to your TV. Use these mobile and social options to follow NBA action on the go:
- NBA App – Stream live national & regional broadcasts, highlights, and stats on your phone or tablet via the NBA app. Subscribe to NBA League Pass through the app for premium access.
- Team Apps – Download your favorite team’s official app for live streaming, highlights, stats, and more on mobile devices. Most are available on iOS and Android.
- Twitter – Follow the NBA and team accounts for live score updates, highlights, and analysis during games as they unfold.
- Facebook – Like NBA pages to watch exclusive live game broadcasts, highlight clips, and postgame reactions. Interact through live comments and polling.
- YouTube – The NBA and teams post full game highlights and condensed games on their official YouTube channels shortly after they air live. Subscribe to never miss a dunk.
Stay on top of all the NBA action by utilizing these league and team mobile and social platforms.
Additional Ways to Watch
Here are some other unique ways to watch NBA games during the season:
- NBA League Pass VR – Immerse yourself courtside in live games through virtual reality on compatible devices. Special 360-degree cameras enhance the VR experience.
- NBA on Amazon Prime Video – Amazon Prime members can stream select NBA games for free on Prime Video without any additional subscription.
- International League Pass – Basketball fans abroad can purchase NBA League Pass Broadband to stream live regular season games. No blackout rules apply.
- Listen on Radio – Tune in to ESPN Radio, Sirius XM NBA Radio, and local team radio stations to listen to live game audio broadcasts during drives or at work.
- Watch at a Bar – Head to local sports bars and restaurants to catch the excitement and energy of NBA games with fellow fans. Many establishments offer drink and food specials during big games.
Tips for the Ultimate Viewing Experience
Enhance your NBA watching with these handy tips:
- Utilize Multiple Devices – Stream a game on your TV while monitoring stats and scores on a second screen mobile device or computer.
- Participate in NBA Fantasy – Draft real players to your fantasy team for a more vested interest in outcomes and player performances.
- Share on Social – Engage with other fans during games through Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Discord chats, and other platforms.
- Record Games – Use a DVR through your cable provider or streaming service to record and replay exciting finishes, milestones, and standout performances.
- Attend a Watch Party – Gather with other fanatics at sports bars, movie theaters, or homes to build camaraderie and cheer together.
With many streaming options available, basketball fans can now easily watch NBA games live, on demand, at home, or on the go. Follow these tips to ensure you catch all the hardwood action.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cheapest way to stream NBA games online?
The most affordable streaming options are free trials of services like YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, or Sling TV. Also check NBA League Pass promotions.
What games are blacked out on NBA League Pass?
League Pass blacks out live local telecasts of hometown teams in your region. Games airing nationally on ESPN, ABC and TNT are also blacked out.
How soon can I watch replays of games on NBA League Pass?
Full game replays typically are available to stream about an hour after the live broadcast ends. Condensed games are posted the next day.
Can I listen to radio broadcasts of NBA games for free?
Yes, AM/FM radio and Sirius XM offer audio feeds for games without a subscription. Team apps also stream radio coverage.
Where can I watch NBA games with other fans?
Sports bars, movie theaters, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dave & Buster’s, and some churches and schools offer communal game watch events.
NBA games featuring the world’s highest leaping athletes and jaw-dropping plays provide thrilling entertainment for basketball fans. With streaming services broadening access to live coverage, following your favorite squad has never been easier. Choose among the various viewing options to catch NBA action from the comforts of home or on the go. With the season stretching from October through June, there are many exciting matchups to enjoy over the course of the year.